Dental scans using 3D technology are truly revolutionary. Also known as cone beam 3D imaging or cone beam computer tomography (CBCT), these imaging systems create a spiral beam of x-rays using a cone-shaped beam. The extremely detailed view that these images provide has changed the way diagnoses can be made and has greatly advanced treatment success and predictability.
The scanner builds up the images and layers them on top of one another to generate 3D images of the body’s inner structures. We can use these 3D scans to:
- Optimize the placement of dental implants
- Pinpoint the location of nerves
- Measure jawbone density in the area where the implant will be placed
- Decide on the appropriate implant size and shape
- See the precise orientation and position of each tooth
- View teeth that are impacted
- Learn the proximity of lower wisdom teeth to the mandibular nerve before extraction
- Evaluate the teeth and bone for signs of infection, cysts, and tumors
CCDI serves Denver, Parker and surrounding communities with exceptional, personalized service.